Monday, August 16, 2010

Kanye West and Justin Bieber on The VMAs? Let's Make It Happen, MTV

TV Guide - August , 2010
Story photo: Kanye West and Justin Bieber on The VMAs? Let's Make It Happen, MTV
It would be a Twitter miracle: A Kanye West-Justin Bieber collaboration.
Why not make it happen at MTV's Video Music Awards?
MTV has already secured a performance for this year's event from West, who dominated last year's VMA headlines for dissing Taylor Swift mid-acceptance speech. Could he be a draw again with the help of young Bieber? Definitely.
Report: Kanye West will return to MTV's Video Music Awards
And if the Sunday morning Twitter conversation between the rapper and the young pop star is any indication, both would be open to the idea. Here is the tweet from West that started it all: "Listening to @Justin Bieber 'Run Away love' ... I love Sunday mornings in the crib."
And here is the back-and-forth geeking-out that followed:
West: I just did the most cliche celebrity tweet of all time... listening to! When people tweet that I'm always like... uuum great ... so what! ...
West: But I have listened to Runaway Love about 10 times so far ... ironically I got a song called Runaway on my new album too.
Bieber: @kanyewest it's not a so what moment for me. I'm 16 and a fan. I'm kinda hyped u are listening to my stuff. Thank u. Nice sunday morning
West: So bugged out me and @JustinBieber are tweeting at the same time... Social networking is pretty awesome
West: Your album good @Justinbieber Playing it at my crib now
West: An I'm honored that you like my Music @JustinBieber!!! You gotta hear the album. Maybe we can do something together. Me, You and Raekwon
Bieber: @kanyewest me, u, and the chef 2gether on a song = EPIC. haha. might sound crazy 2 u but even having this convo is living the dream. Thanks
West: @JustinBieber, I wish you could have been in the studio last night! Kobe and Swizzy's kids would have lost it!!!
Bieber: @kanyewest KOBE is the GREATEST!!
West: Yo this Runaway Love is the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on my 17th listen 2day!!! Every time I get to that song I got go in 4 times!!
Bieber: what is crazy is that I play Heartless every night in my set acoustic. this convo is crazy for me. Excited 4 ur new album
Bieber: tweeting with @kanyewest and on stage with @drakkardnoir this week. Over a year ago I posted this vid ... LIFE IS CRAZY - http://bit.ly/e80ct
MTV executives, if you do not get in on this action soon, watch out for Jimmy Fallon, who has already made his request public. "Hey @kanyewest @justinbieber come record that song live on the show. Full on Beatles 'All You Need Is Love' style."