Thursday, August 26, 2010

TIMBALAND INSISTS HE WAS NEVER SUICIDAL AFTER WATCH THEFT



Hip-hop hitmaker Timbaland has been left stunned by reports he was contemplating suicide after a valuable watch was stolen from his home in Malibu, Los Angeles.
TMZ.com reported the L.A. sheriff's department had put out an all points bulletin (APB) just before 5pm local time on Tuesday (24Aug10) after the producer disappeared following the burglary.
Reports suggested Timbaland was distraught after discovering a $2 million watch had been stolen from his timpiece collection.
Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore confirms a helicopter and squad cars were dispatched to hunt for Timbaland's Escalade, following a worried call to cops from a family friend.
Whitmore has since revealed Timbaland was not a threat to himself and there was no suicide attempt.
And the rapper has now gone public over the fuss, insisting he's still trying to understand how a drive to clear his head after the burglary became a suicide search.
Speaking on pal Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Wednesday (25Aug10), the rap heavyweight said, "I don't know what happened. I don't know what we're talking about... The only thing I did was take a drive to figure out how I was gonna handle it (burglary).
"I wasn't talking, so I guess people got worried... What I tell people is if my mom ain't calling or my brother or my best friend, then there ain't nothing to worry about."
Police are investigating the theft of the watch.