Monday, August 30, 2010

Heard Backstage: Emmy Winners Edie Falco, George Clooney and More


Story photo: Heard Backstage: Emmy Winners Edie Falco, George Clooney and MoreJim Parsons | Photo Credits: Mathew Imaging/WireImage.comTV Guide
Nurse Jackie star Edie Falco still insists she's not funny. Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston says his third win might be too sweet. Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi reveals that she smacked her competition, literally.
Here's what Sunday's Emmy winners said backstage:
"Honestly, I was rooting for either Michael Emerson or Terry O'Quinn to take it because I'm obsessed with Lost."
-Best supporting actor in a drama winner Aaron Paul, on who he thought would win in his category
"That is bulls---! I'm not eligible for next year? God! Are you kidding? I'm so grateful. It's like having a great meal to do the show, and then to be awarded an Emmy is a beautiful flamb dessert. I feel gluttonous. I feel like I'm going to become a diabetic."
-Best actor in a drama winner Bryan Cranston, on his ineligibility to be nominated next because of Breaking Bad's hiatus
"It's pretty serious, the stuff that we deal with. This whole comedy world is literally new terrain for me... The women I was up against are hysterically funny comedians. I'm not playing coy. I'm really dumbfounded by the events of the evening."
-Best actress in a comedy winner Edie Falco, on why she was surprised to win in the comedy category
"I just wanted someone somewhere to say, 'I just want to have a beer with that guy' regardless of his sexuality."
-Best supporting actor in a comedy winner Eric Stonestreet, on how he approaches playing Cameron.
"I was really, really mean to the host of The Amazing Race on the red carpet. I think I hit him thrice with my purse and I said I was taking him down and guess what? I was right!"
-Best reality competition program winner Padma Lakshmi, on Top Chef ending Amazing Race's 7-year winning streak
"I'm the lamest, old, tired man, but I think this gives me enough energy to make it to 10:30 or 11:00."
-Best actor in a comedy winner Jim Parsons, on how he'll celebrate his big win.
"John Krasinski came over to my house with a bunch of guys and we played basketball. If you see him later, he's limping. I just want to say -- *wink* -- he lost a step.'"
-Bob Hope Humanitarian award winner George Clooney, on his Emmy prep