Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Christina Applegate Wants To Be A Hippie, Type-A Mom

Christina Applegate Wants To Be A Hippie, Type-A Mom
Christina Applegate may still be awaiting the birth of her first child, but she already has a sense of what kind of mother she'll be. She's going to be both hands-on and hands-off.
"I'll probably be a little bit hippie and a little bit Type A," the actress, 38, told PEOPLE at Tuesday's premiere of Going the Distance in Los Angeles. "I'll take from what my mother did, which was way hippie and like 'Do what you wanna do,' and bring some things that I know from watching my friends raise their kids. An amalgamation of sorts."
That'll be a great- but tough- combination to pull off :)
Christina also admits that while she hasn't been craving any specific foods, she has been craving food. Like, ALL food.
"Just keep going with it in my mouth," she says.
Yep, I remember those days- LOL. There's a lot going on when you're pregnant. For Christina, one of those things she's working on is designing a nursery.
"It's gender neutral because we don't know [if it's a boy or girl]," she says. "I'm trying. It's becoming a bigger project than it was supposed to be, unfortunately."
My advice? Make it something the baby can grow into- that baby phase is over before you know it!